Welcome to ECFE
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classes help parents meet the challenges of parenting and help young children (birth to 5 years) develop socially, physically, emotionally, intellectually and linguistically. The program sets the stage for parent involvement and children's success in school while strengthening the parent-child relationship. ECFE is a public school program staffed by licensed parent and early childhood educators. ECFE operates on a sliding fee scale; no one is turned away for inability to pay.
A typical ECFE class includes parent discussion, facilitated by a parent educator, while children play together in an early childhood classroom. Parents and children later join each other for fun learning activities. In other classes, parents and children spend the entire time playing and learning together, while a few are parent discussion only. Most classes meet once a week for less than two hours.
The goals of Early Childhood Family Education are:
- To support parents in their child raising effort.
- To offer information about child development and alternative parenting techniques.
- To help parents and their children communicate better.
- To give children opportunities to discover and learn.
- To promote positive parental attitudes.
- To provide information on community resources available to parents and children.
Come join our classes and meet our ECFE Coordinator, Helen Lester.
New to the district and ECFE?
Call 320-543-4670 and set up a time to visit one of our sites and meet our staff.
For a complete listing of ECFE classes click on the online registration link below.